TOP 5 REASONS TO TAKE CLASSES AT SMC:
- Quality Education
- Accessible Faculty, Staff and Advisors
- Affordable Prices
- Convenient Location
- Class Meeting Times That Fit Your Busy Schedule
- Complete and submit the Application for Admission form ($20 application fee)
- Submit an official high school transcript showing date of graduation or an official copy of a GED and GED Exam Score Report. Students who have earned a GED should also submit an official high school transcript.
- Submit college transcripts from any colleges attended other than SMC. High school transcripts and GED information are not required for students who have completed 16 or more semester hours from an accredited college or university.
- A personal on-campus visit or meeting with the Admissions Office is highly desirable.
SAT/ACT scores are not required for students who are 21 years of age or older or for students who have completed 16 or more semester hours from an accredited college or university.
SURVIVAL TIPS FROM ADULT STUDENTS:
- "Know your limitations. Prioritize. Keep at it! Don't take on too much at once. Don't be afraid to ask questions or ask for help. Never give up!! You're never too old!" -Carol
- "Don't overload yourself. You need to balance your workload between job, family, and college." -Donnie
OUR STUDENTS SAY...
- "I have been so impressed by the philosophy, instructors, staff and attitude of Spartanburg Methodist College. SMC has managed to make the process of enrolling and attending as convenient as possible for working adult students like me without compromising the quality of the classes. What I have found at the College is a sincere desire to see the students progress, classes that challenge, and instructors who teach in such a way they help us understand we are smarter than we thought we were. What a great feeling!" Sandy
- "It's tough. Balancing school, jobs, relationships, and in my case, Navy Reserve, is never easy. You've just got to stick with it. Nothing worth having will ever come easy to you. [The evening program] provides a way to earn a degree while working, raising a family, etc." -Bobby
- "Being an adult student at SMC has proven itself to be a challenging experience. The knowledge and experience I gain will be beneficial in helping me to achieve my goals in life." Denise-2001 Olin D. Johnston Good Citizenship Award winner
Recent adult graduates have been accepted at:
- Converse College
- Limestone College
- Clemson University
- University of South Carolina at Spartanburg
- Wofford College
- Presbyterian College
OUR PROFESSORS SAY...
- "Math anxiety can affect students at any age. I love seeing my students overcome math anxiety as they gain confidence and discover that they, too, can be successful in math." Professor Lynn Haller-Professor of Mathematics and Education
- "Having adult students in classrooms contributes an added dimension to the classroom experience for both the students and the professors. The work experience that can be shared by adult students within the framework of the classroom is an invaluable contribution to the learning experience. Also, the commitment and desire of the adult students to obtain a degree makes it a joy to teach the courses." Professor Lorna Hanson- Criminal Justice Program Director
Contact the SMC Admissions Office today
to get more information.