The Residence Hall Director is a member of the Department of Housing and Residence Life Professional Staff and reports to the Director of Housing and Residence Life. Primary areas of responsibility include: staff development, programming and student supervision.
This live-in position has overall responsibility for a residence hall housing college freshman and sophomores. Residence Hall Directors are challenged to:
- maintain a positive living-learning environment in the residence halls that supports the college’s mission
- establish and foster staff training, development, and community building in addition to mentoring students
- intervene in student conduct violations and investigate incidents and issues of disciplinary actions. The position requires primarily evening duties; candidates are permitted to have other daytime commitments. Bachelor’s degree, demonstrated leadership ability, strong organization and management skills, assertive and empathetic communication style, and experience with college residence life are strongly preferred. Position to begin July 27, 2015.
- Stipend paid monthly from August 2015 through May 2016
- Furnished apartment with cable, phone, voicemail and wireless internet access
- Full meal plan
- Special parking privileges
How to apply:
Send letter of interest, resume and list of references to: Director of Human Resources, Spartanburg Methodist College, 1000 Powell Mill Road, Spartanburg, SC 29301-5899. Application Deadline May 8, 2015. AA/EOE