The evening library assistant will provide assistance to the reference librarian in all phases of evening library services. Position will be approximately 22-28 hours per week, including Sunday afternoons and evenings, and weekend evenings Monday-Thursday (primarily during the fall and spring semesters) based on the College’s academic calendar, holiday schedule, and library schedule. Position is limited to less than 1,000 hours per fiscal year. No benefits.
- The evening library assistant will provide assistance to the reference librarian in all phases of evening library services, Sunday through Thursday.
- Is responsible for opening the library on Sunday evenings, and assists with closing the library Sunday through Thursday.
- In the absence of the reference librarian, serves as person in charge of the library building and circulation area.
- Assists the reference librarian and campus safety with providing security for the building and enforcing library rules/regulations.
- Assists in the supervision and training of evening work study student assistants.
- Assists with the ordering, cataloging, and processing of materials.
- Provides basic tech support for library computers, software, printers, copiers, etc.
- Assists the reference librarian with providing basic reference services by developing familiarity with all library databases, software, resources, and equipment.
- Assists in the shelving, shelf reading, inventory, and weeding of all library materials.
- Assists the reference librarian in compiling usage statistics and reports.
- Performs other tasks and duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs as well as a willingness to learn new technology.
- Ability to communicate with and work well with all members of the library team.
- Basic knowledge of library software, systems, and processes.
How to apply: Send letter of interest, resume and list of references to: Director of Human Resources, Spartanburg Methodist College, 1000 Powell Mill Road, Spartanburg, SC 29301-5899.
Application deadline: July 10, 2015