2013-2014 Student Government Association Officers and Members
- Preston Morton – President
- Amber Morgan – Vice President
- Miranda Watkins – Secretary
- Sago Thomas – Director of Public Relations
- Cameron Thacker – Sophomore Resident Representative
- Hannah Faires – Sophomore Resident Representative
- Samantha Reese -Sophomore Resident Representative
- Garrett Baquet – Freshman Resident Representative
- Adel Gordon – Freshman Resident Representative
- Hannah Sliva – Freshman Resident Representative
- Christina King – Freshman Resident Representative
- Justin Rhame – Freshman Commuter Representative
- Katie Huff – Freshman Commuter Representative
Beginning September 9th, 2013 SGA meetings are held every other Monday at 7 pm in the Law Room of the Library. All students are welcome to attend SGA meetings to present issues, ideas and concerns; however, only elected members are able to vote. SGA organizes its work in three committees: Internal Affairs, External Affairs, and the Food Committee. If you have an issue you would like SGA to consider, email the SGA President, Preston Morton at mortonDP12@student.smcsc.edu
Local Discounts for SMC Students
The SMC Student Government Association’s External Affairs Committee developed a list of local retailers and restaurants who offer student discounts. Most require the SMC Student ID in order to receive the discount. If any discounts listed have been discontinued, please let us know so we can update our records. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list and is a work in progress. If you know of a company who would like for their discount to be listed here, please contact Kim Caton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Golden China: 10% off dinner, 20% of lunch.
- Dominos: Large 1 topping pizza $7.99 Reidville Road.
- Monterrays: Buy 1 combo get one 1/2 off. Free Drink, 10% off. Bring I.D.
- Dennys: 10% off
- Jason’s Deli: Free drink with SMC ID
- Firehouse Subs: Free chips and drink with SMC ID
- Cribb’s Kitchen: Saturday lunch specials (1/2 off burgers, salads, and select appetizers) 11 am – 3 pm