The Write Place is now offering remote support with writing assignments for the remainder of the semester. To request an appointment, which will be conducted via Microsoft Teams, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Writing Assignment Help from English Professors
The Write Place (formerly the Writing Center) gives students the opportunity to work one-on-one with a member of the English faculty on written assignments for ANY class.
Our purpose in The Write Place is to help students become better writers by assisting with any facet of the writing process:
- brainstorming and developing ideas
- creating a thesis
- organizing the essay
- integrating and documenting the use of primary and secondary sources, and
- learning to recognize and correct errors.
Before coming to The Write Place, students should:
- Be certain that you understand your writing assignment. See your professor for clarification.
- Proofread your first draft and bring us the revised draft that is typed and double spaced.
- Do not wait until the day before an essay is due to visit the writing center. If the center gets very busy, we sometimes cannot accommodate all students seeking assistance.
- Remember that the English faculty who staff the Write Place are assisting you as tutors. We cannot become your proofreader or your editor, and we cannot predict a grade for any writing assignment.