Any writing assignment, any class...we can help!
GET HELP AT EVERY STAGE OF YOUR WRITING ASSIGNMENT (EVEN BEFORE YOU START WRITING).
Work one-on-one with one of SMC's English professors on writing assignments for any class. We'd love to help you, and we offer support at any stage of your writing assignment, including:
No appointment, no problem! Just bring your assignment and get immediate help during our walk-in hours:
- Mondays and Wednesdays:
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- (The Write Place is closed from 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. on Wednesdays)
- 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Virtual Appointments: Tuesdays and Thursdays:
- 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
- (Email Jill Coyle for an appointment: CoyleJ@smcsc.edu)
- Reading and understanding assignments
- Brainstorming, outlining, and developing essays or responses
- Addressing recurring problems related to grammar, spelling, or punctuation
- Incorporating in-text citations and constructing works cited / reference pages
- Formatting essays
- Developing creative or professional writing