Online Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration – Accounting and Finance
A Bachelor’s Degree Opens the Door to Your Future
No test scores needed to apply | No application fee required |Earn credit for prior learning
The Business Administration degree in Accounting and Finance prepares you to move into a number of roles in tracking and reporting on financial activity, including the rules and regulations governing the profession. You'll be armed with the principles of finance and overall knowledge of the financial markets and their impact on your company.
Combined with the professional development and soft skills you'll learn in SMC’s unique Camak Core program, graduates will be ready to step right into a new career and contribute immediately.
Business degrees are the most sought after by students and business careers are in high demand by employers, with more than 20 million job listings nationally and more than 1.5 million regionally. With a BA in Business Administration, you’ll be prepared to jump into a new career in several highly sought-after positions.
Why Get an Accounting and Finance Degree at SMC?
- Move your organization forward. A degree in Accounting and Finance prepares you to tackle the challenging elements of an organization's financial position. You’ll learn the common practices and get critical knowledge to help your company make solid financial decisions.
- Enhance your career without interrupting it. Our program is flexible AND affordable, so you can start or finish your education while you keep working.
- Improve your job prospects. With a bachelor’s degree from SMC, you will show employers your commitment to learning and making an impact right away with our professional development program.
- Make more money. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, workers with a bachelor’s degree earn approximately $900 more per week than those with just a high school diploma.
Find Your Dream Job
Nationally, career opportunities in business and financial operations are projected to grow faster than the average for all other occupations. Explore examples of careers available to students with a B.A. focused on Accounting and Finance:
- Corporate Accountant
- Government Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Budget Analyst
- Tax Examiner
- Certified Public Accountant
All SMC BA degree students take for-credit courses in the Camak Core, SMC’s innovative career development program. Camak Core courses add practical experiences and soft skills training to your degree, an incredible added value that does not add extra time to degree completion. You’ll receive more than a degree: you’ll graduate with the skills valued by employers, making you a highly competitive job candidate.
Classes start every 8 weeks
Enroll full-time or part-time. Each online degree course runs for 8 weeks.
$300 per credit hour. Your bachelor's degree cost will be lower with financial aid and transfer credits. Compare SMC's cost to other online degree programs.
Federal and state grants, employer reimbursement, GI Bills - find out how financial aid can reduce the cost of your bachelor's degree.
Transfer qualifying credits
Cut your online bachelor's degree completion time and reduce tuition costs by bringing up to 30 hours of qualifying college credits with you. More information about transfer credits.