how to get the most out of your campus tour:
1. Take notes while you’re there. Write down what you liked and what you didn’t. Write down anything you want to make sure you remember when you leave.
2. Take photos. Make sure your phone is fully charged and take photos during your tour. They won’t just be good for posting on Instagram - you’ll be able to review them later when you’re narrowing down your list.
2. Check out the dining center and student center. When you go to college, you spend more time on campus than you think - especially as a first-year student. You’ll want to get a feel for what day-to-day living is like at that college.
4. Ask questions. Your student tour guide is a great resource - use them! A great question to ask is how the school helps new freshmen get introduced to college life.
5. Make an appointment to meet with a financial aid counselor. Paying for college and the different options that may be available to you can be overwhelming. Bring a list of anything you might be confused about before you go and don’t be afraid to ask for more information.
Hopefully you’re ready and excited to start planning your college visits!
If you have any questions before (or after) your next college visit, you can always reach out to us. We can help!
Since 1911, Spartanburg Methodist College has been dedicated to offering an affordable education to students of all religious and non-religious backgrounds.
SMC serves approximately 1,000 students and offers six associate degrees, a unique bachelor’s degree with six concentrations, a bachelor’s degree in business administration, and two 100% online programs in Criminal Justice and general college studies. SMC’s unique Camak Core professional development program prepares graduates for the business world with education in key soft skills employers value in new hires. SMC students experience the transformative powers of academic excellence, intellectual exploration, social awareness, and character development in a supportive environment where they can thrive.