Ready for the Fall Semester? This is your introduction to academic life at SMC and one of the most important events in your life as a student.
DURING ACADEMIC ORIENTATION, YOU WILL:
- Meet with your faculty adviser – your guide through all academic matters
- Plan your course schedule
- Register for classes for the fall semester
- Take a placement test (if needed). This short test will help your adviser determine if extra courses are needed to enhance your academic skills.
Academic Orientation is a ALSO a terrific opportunity to interact with current students, staff and faculty members. You be able to:
- ask questions
- see campus facilities
- get your student ID photo made
- get EXCITED about the year to come!
8:30 am – Check In
9:00 am – Opening Session for Students and Families
10:00 am – Advisement and Testing for Students
10:15 am – Parent and Family Information Session
11:00 am – 1:30 pm – Lunch (provided to everyone at no charge)
1:15 pm – Advisement continues
Check out the FAQ below! More questions? Contact Kim Caton at (864) 587-4006 or by email.
Our Orientation App – the Yapp App
Be in the know about all things Orientation! Download our Orientation App – the Yapp App. This free app is available from your iTunes or Google Play store. Your access code is SMC2017.
The app has important contact information, a schedule of offered classes, important resources for students and family members, as we as information on how to connect with your professors and advisor. The Pioneer Power Up schedule is also part of the app! Download it today!