The Admission Counselor reports to and is supervised by the Director of Admissions. The counselor is involved in all aspects of admission administration, including, but not limited to, counseling of prospective students and families, managing and nurturing contacts in a specified recruitment area, and successfully obtaining set goals. The counselor is required to do the job well and with enthusiasm while working individually or as part of the enrollment team. A commitment to excellence is expected.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for the generation and recruitment of high school student inquiries and applications within a territorial assignment.
- Responsible for consistent communication by telephone, text, email and CRM with prospective students and their families.
- Administrative duties as assigned by the Director of Admission.
- Responsible for on-campus appointments, interviews, and campus tours with students and their families.
- Counsel students and their families about the admissions process and college life.
- Responsible for significant travel within assigned territory throughout the year.
- Represents the college well while traveling to numerous High Schools, Churches, and College Fairs throughout the region.
- Consistent scheduling of private visits to high schools within the assigned territory to cultivate relationships with Guidance Counselors, other high school personnel, and prospective students.
- Well represents the college at various special events.
- Ensure all applicant paperwork and computer data is current, accurate, and complete.
How to apply:
Please send a letter of interest, resume and list of three (3) references to:
Director of Human Resources
Spartanburg Methodist College
1000 Powell Mill Road, Spartanburg, SC 29301.
Application materials may also be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is open until filled. Review of applications begins May 17, 2019.