Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
SMC LAW ENFORCEMENT
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
Friday, April 21, 2017
Bridges Arena, Spartanburg Methodist College
Thanking local law enforcement for their service to the community.
SPONSORED BY: THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE DEPARTMENT, THE STUDENT GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION AND THE ALUMNI OFFICE
Attend one of the following free seminars (members of the public are welcome to attend!), designed to bring you up-to-date on the latest local law enforcement information.
1:15 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.; no registration required.
ALL SEMINARS WILL BE HELD IN ELLIS HALL ON THE SMC CAMPUS.
– View Campus Map –
- Victim Advocacy : the role of the victim advocate from the time a crime is committed through conviction. Presented by: Kim Garrett and Kelly Crook – victim advocates for the 7th Circuit Solicitors office – and Zan Raymond – victim advocate for Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office. ELLIS HALL, ROOM 202
- FBI Counterterrorism Task Force: what the United States is doing to stop terrorism. Presented by: Sgt. Jeff Grant( Spartanburg City Police Dept.) and Lt. John Dyas (Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office. ELLIS HALL, ROOM 206
- K-9 Unit: How K-9s assist in solving crimes. Presented by: Chesterfield County Sheriff’s Office K-9 Unit. GIBBS AUDITORIUM, ELLIS HALL
- The Coroner’s Role in Crime Scenes. Presented by: Coroner Rusty Clevinger. ELLIS HALL, ROOM 205
Law Enforcement members, the public and families are invited to enjoy a series of free and fun educational displays from area law enforcement agencies!
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
2ND FLOOR, ELLIS HALL & BRIDGES ARENA LAWN (between the Arena and Ellis Hall)
– View Campus Map –
• Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office Response Team & Bomb Squad
• Spartanburg City Mobil Command Unit
• Spartanburg County Coroner’s Office
• Chesterfield County Sheriff’s Department K-9 Unit
• Multi Departmental Law Enforcement Vehicles
• Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office K-9 Unit