Now that the COVID-19 vaccines are rolling out and millions of Americans are getting their shots, there is a light at the end of this long tunnel. But, we all need to do our part to keep our campus and each other safe.
SMC is strongly encouraging everyone to get the COVID-19 vaccine. In order to get back to life as it was before this virus, as many people as possible need to get vaccinated. It’s safe, effective, and the best way to return to normal.
Let's all do our part so we can get all Pioneers Back Together!
The COVID-19 vaccine is not required for SMC students at this time; however, students who have access to obtain the vaccine are highly encouraged to do so.
Students who get the vaccine will be required to update their SMC immunization records using the official vaccination card.
SMC will continue to monitor vaccine availability and may require the vaccine once it becomes more available.
Students with questions that aren't answered below should contact Dr. Mindy Bliss, Assistant Dean and Director of Campus Health and Wellness, at 864-587-4277 or via email.
FAQ for Students
Faculty & Staff
- As of March 8, all faculty and staff at SMC are eligible to schedule an appointment to receive their vaccine.
- SMC has partnered with Spartanburg Regional to get all eligible faculty and staff registered in the VAMS system to be able to schedule a vaccination appointment.
- Faculty and staff are not required to be vaccinated against COVID-19; however, the College strongly encourages and promotes COVID-19 vaccination for all faculty and staff.
- The faculty and staff vaccination policy is available in the Human Resources section of mySMC.
- Faculty and staff with questions that aren't answered below should contact Jenny Dunn, Executive Director of Human Resources and Title IX, at 864-587-4271 or via email.
FAQ for Faculty and Staff
Information and Resources
As COVID-19 vaccines continue to become available to more people, it’s important to understand the facts about the vaccine. For more information regarding the COVID-19 vaccine, please check out the following resources: