As Pioneers Together, we're all working to prevent the spread of COVID-19 on campus so we can stay healthy and keep SMC open.
A key part of preventing virus spread on campus is to quickly isolate yourself if you test positive for the virus. This is the best way to be sure you don't pass it on to other people.
If you receive a confirmed positive test for COVID-19 from a doctor or health care provider, it is vitally important to take care of your health and to protect the health of others, even if you are not showing symptoms. You can spread the virus to others even if you don't feel sick or never feel sick.
If you test positive for COVID-19, you will be required to take the following steps...
- Contact your healthcare provider for medical advice.
- If you are experiencing an emergency, call 911.
- Stay in your home.
- Be sure to indicate in the HealthChampion app that you have tested positive. Do this by completing the "SMC - Faculty/Staff COVID-19" pathway and mark "Yes" when asked about testing positive.
- Complete the COVID-19 Self-Reporting Form for Faculty and Staff.
- An HR team member will contact you with next steps.