As Pioneers Together, we're all working to prevent the spread of COVID-19 on campus so we can stay healthy and keep SMC open.
If you have been exposed to COVID-19 or think you have been exposed, taking the right steps can stop an outbreak on campus and keep others from getting sick.
What to do
IF YOU'VE BEEN EXPOSED TO SOMEONE WITH A CONFIRMED POSITIVE COVID-19 TEST:
- Evaluate your level of exposure. Have you had close contact with a person who has a confirmed positive COVID-19 test? Close contact is being within or less than six of someone with the virus for 15 minutes or longer.
- If YES, all students, staff and faculty are required to quarantine and monitor for symptoms. PLEASE ALERT SMC STAFF SO WE MAY ASSIST YOU.
3. If NO, then you may not have been exposed for long enough to be at risk. Continue to follow SMC's 5 Simple Rules and watch for COVID-19 symptoms.
IF YOU'VE BEEN EXPOSED TO SOMEONE WITH COVID-19 SYMPTOMS WHO DOES NOT HAVE A CONFIRMED POSITIVE TEST (Symptoms may include fever, coughing, difficulty breathing, new loss of taste or smell and others listed here.)
- Continue to follow SMC's 5 Simple Rules. You may continue to practice normal activities while taking these preventative measures.
- Watch yourself carefully for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Avoid close contact with a person who is at high risk of becoming severely ill with COVID-19.