Spartanburg Methodist College will accept up to 30 hours of academic credits earned at other regionally accredited colleges and universities throughout the United States. In addition, the SMC may award credit for military service, the Advanced Placement Program, the International Baccalaureate Programme, and the College Level Examination Placement Program.
- Credit for military service may be awarded for active military service:
- Up to three semester hours for six months active duty followed by active participation in a reserve unit,
- Up to six semester hours for 24 months active duty.
- Credit may be awarded for military education experiences in accordance with the American Council on Education.
- The College awards credit for scores of 3 or higher on tests taken in approved subject areas in the Advanced Placement (AP) Program up to a maximum of 30 hours.
- The College awards credit for scores of 4 or higher on higher-level International Baccalaureate (IB) examinations for certain subjects.
- Students may earn credit through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) up to 15 semester hours.
For more information, please refer to the SMC Academic Catalog.