Board of Trustees
Spartanburg Methodist College is led by a Board of Trustees comprised of 24 members, with five clergy members and 19 laity. Terms are staggered on a three-year basis.
SMC Board of Trustees:
- Ms. Charlita Atchison
- Mr. Andrew Babb, SMC Class of 1988
- Mr. Phillip Buchheit
- Ms. Carol Burdette
- Mr. Darrell Campbell
- Rev. Jerry L. Gadsden
- Mrs. Catherine Gramling
- Rev. Lane Glaze
- Dr. Frank Lee
- Mrs. Kathleen McKinney
- Rev. Evelyn Middleton
- Mr. John Moore (chair)
- Mrs. Marilyn Murphy
- Dr. Darryl Owings
- Dr. Harriet Rucker
- Rev. Mary V. Teasley
- Mr. Michael Allen
- Mr. Marcos Gomez
- Mr. Clint Settle, Class of 2005
W. Scott Cochran, Eighth President of the College
Scott Cochran became the eighth President of Spartanburg Methodist College on November 16, 2015.
Before leading the college, President Cochran spent nearly 30 years in executive roles in business and higher education.
President Cochran holds an economics degree from Wofford College and an MBA from Duke University. His business experience includes senior positions in the United States and internationally with GMAC, UPS Capital, and most recently, Performance Solutions by Milliken, a unit of Milliken & Company. He served Wofford College for seven years as founder and Dean of The Space, Wofford’s professional development program. During his time at Wofford, he also taught courses in finance.
President Cochran is a Liberty Fellow and serves on the Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges (AGB) Council of Presidents and as Chair of the South Carolina Higher Education Tuition Grants Commission. He and his wife, Teresa, have six children and five grandchildren.
Cabinet members serve at the pleasure of the President.
Cabinet members are:
- Megan Aiello, Athletic Director
- Michael Crocker, Vice President for Business Affairs and Chief Financial Officer
- Jennifer A. Dillenger, Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Chief of Staff
- Rev. Tim Drum, Chaplain and Director of Church Relations
- Dr. Curt Laird, Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Ben Maxwell, Vice President of Enrollment
- Courtney B. Shelton, Vice President, Student and Professional Development
- Lisa Mincey Ware, Vice President for Marketing
- Jason Womick, Vice President for Analytics and Continuous Improvement
- Marty Woods, Vice President for Facilities