All Advisors are located in the Advising Suite of the Buchheit Administration Building.
The SMC Tutoring Center is free to students and has a fantastic variety of specific class help. The SMCX Success team expands on specific tutoring; we focus on the principles behind how to do better in classes on a foundational level.
Academic Resources Include:
- How to use a planner to organize your work
- Techniques for how to study and retain information better
Three Ways to Access FREE Tutoring:
1. In-person Peer Tutoring on the first floor of the Walker Building.
2. Online Peer Tutoring via Microsoft Teams.
3. Online tutoring by Bartleby via D2L Brightspace.
- If students are currently logged into Brightspace, they can access tutoring services by clicking 24/7 Homework Help through Bartleby.
- Or students can access online tutoring by logging into D2L Brightspace, then clicking on the "More" tab > " 24/7 Homework Help" button.
Experience Orientation Includes:
- Meet the SMCX Team
- Student Success & Academic Resources
- Business Office & Financial Aid
- I.T. & Virtual Learning Help
- Campus Involvement
All new SMC students are required to take SMC 101. This important course kicks off your first semester at SMC by preparing you for a career after college. SMC 101 covers such topics as:
- Time management
- Studying techniques
- Goal setting & achieving
- Major & career exploration
- Money management
- Effective note taking, paper writing, and test taking in college
- Valuing and amplifying diversity
- Leadership and working effectively with others
- Maintaining wellness during your college experience
The X, Office 243
Burgess Student Center