Get a head start on your BSN
While SMC does not offer a nursing degree, we do offer an associate of science degree, which includes the pre-requisite courses students need to transfer into a nursing program at another school.
Here are three benefits to taking your nursing pre-requisites at SMC:
- Save money. With SMC's affordable tuition and generous scholarship offerings (we're looking at you, full-tuition scholarship package), the money that you save by taking your prerequisites at SMC is money that you can use to complete your bachelor’s degree or even put toward a graduate degree.
- Get personalized attention. We’re not going to lie – chemistry and anatomy classes are challenging, but we don’t use them as weed-out classes. Our professors want you to be successful in those challenging science courses so that you can pursue your goal of going into the health care industry.
- Receive personalized academic advising. You’ll have a Pioneer Academic Counselor at SMC who will help you design your class schedule to make sure you’re taking the courses you need to transfer to the nursing school of your choice. SMC partners with 10 nursing schools to ensure we're offering the courses students need to enroll in nursing school.
Along with your general education courses such as English, history, and humanities, you will be able to take the following nursing degree pre-requisites while you earn your associate in science degree at SMC:
- Anatomy and Physiology I & II
- Organic and Biochemistry
- Medical Terminology
Nursing Programs We Partner With
- Anderson University
- Clemson University
- Francis Marion University
- Lander University
- Medical University of South Carolina
- Newberry College
- University of South Carolina
- USC Aiken
- USC Beaufort
- USC Upstate
If you'd like to learn more about earning your nursing pre-requisites at SMC, complete the interest form below and select "Nursing" under "Academic Interest."