There are clubs and organizations for every interest. And freshmen and sophomore students have the opportunity for leadership positions much earlier than students who have to compete with college juniors and seniors!
Don’t see a club you want? We encourage you to start you own. Leadership positions in clubs and organizations are open to all students displaying the interest and dedication to make that organization work.
General Interest Organizations
- Criminal Justice Club – Provides activities related to the Criminal Justice System to enhance career development for those interested in the criminal justice field.
- Delta Psi Omega Theatre Fraternity – The goal of this organization is to encourage and generate interest in theatre on the SMC campus. Delta Psi Omega helps to bring culture, entertainment, and dramatic social oriented venues to the SMC community.
- Gaming Society – The SMC Gaming Society seeks to provide students with an opportunity to gather with friends and play games of all kinds including but not limited to board games, card games, and video games.
- Hispanic Student Association – This organization exists to to enlighten non-hispanic students about hispanic culture and bring hispanic students together as well as promote and create activities for hispanic and non-hispanic students that exhibit spanish culture.
- Student Government Association – Represents the student’s point of view in matters effecting SMC Community. And assists in planning social/recreational activities for the student body. Weekly Board Meetings every other Monday @ 11 am in the Gosa Room of the Student Center. All SMC students are invited to attend.
- P.O.P.S. – People Organizing Programs Successfully – Weekly meetings each Monday @ 4:00 pm in the Fireplace Room of the Student Center. All SMC students are invited to attend.
- Theta Lambda Nu – An online philosophy and religion society designed to open the lines the of communication between students, faculty, and staff of all religious backgrounds, regardless of belief. Contact Dr. Mark Gibbs to be added to the online Facebook group.
- Got Green? Environmental Club – The Got Green? club is a group of Spartanburg Methodist students who come together to discuss environmental issues. Our goal is to make the local community aware of environmental topics such as global warming, biodiversity, recycling, and pollution. We are also involved in a network of colleges working toward community awareness and action.
- Baptist Collegiate Ministry – Supports the student-led worship service, Overflow, on Thursdays at 9 pm in the Chapel; Also hosts small groups on Tuesdays at 8:00.
- UKirk – A ministry of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) on Tuesdays at 5:30. Students meet for food, study and worship at Second Presbyterian Church, across the street from the main entrance to Wofford College.
- Wesley Fellowship – Meets on Monday nights @ 5:00 in the SMC Chapel
- Upstate CRU – Meets on Tuesday nights @ 6:30 PM in the Fireplace Room (beside the Dining Hall) for a small group Bible study.
- Sigma Kappa Delta – National Honor Society for English students meeting specified academic requirements.
- Phi Theta Kappa – National Honor Society for Junior colleges. Membership is open to students with a 3.5 cumulative GPA and a minimum of 16 credit hours earned.
- Psi Beta – The National Honor Society for students in the field of Psychology in the two year college. They must have completed a “B” or higher in all Psychology Classes and have maintained a 3.25 GPA overall.
- Kappa Sigma Alpha – Co-ed service fraternity serving the campus and local community through various projects throughout the year.
- Many other service opportunities are available! Check out the Service page!
- Trailblazer – Campus Newspaper published several times each semester. Offers opportunity to develop research, interviewing, writing, and editing skills. All students welcome.
- Blue Granite Review – College literary magazine produced each spring; open to all students interested in creative writing and visual arts.
- Literary Guild – The Literary Guild is open to all SMC students. Often working in partnership with Sigma Kappa Delta, the Literary Guild is not only a book club, but also sponsors writing workshops, movie nights, trips to live theater, and more.
- Gospel Choir – Open to all students who enjoy singing and fellowship. Performs at chapel services and various on and off campus events. Practice on Mondays and Wednesdays at 7 pm in the Chapel
- SMC Glee – An auditioned singing and dancing group that performs at basketball games, campus events, and throughout the community.
- SMC Singers – Open to all students, the SMC singers perform at SMC Chapel Services and Fine Arts Recitals.
- SMC Troubadours – Students selected by audition, this choral ensemble performs at special functions, including the Fall and Spring SMC Concerts. The group also performs on a touring series each year primarily at local churches and schools
- SMC Players – A Student Drama organization presenting two productions each year.