There are clubs and organizations for every interest. And freshmen and sophomore students have the opportunity for leadership positions much earlier than students who have to compete with college juniors and seniors!
Don’t see a club you want? We encourage you to start you own. Leadership positions in clubs and organizations are open to all students displaying the interest and dedication to make that organization work.
General Interest Organizations
- Criminal Justice Club – Provides activities related to the Criminal Justice System to enhance career development for those interested in the criminal justice field.
Advisor: Dr. Summer Lashley
- Student Government Association – Represents the student’s point of view in matters effecting SMC Community. And assists in planning social/recreational activities for the student body. Weekly Board Meetings every other Monday @ 11 am in the Gosa Room of the Student Center. All SMC students are invited to attend.
Advisor: Kim Caton
- P.O.P.S. Programming Board – People Organizing Programs Successfully – Weekly meetings each Monday @ 4:00 pm in the Fireplace Room of the Student Center. All SMC students are invited to attend.
Advisor: Kim Caton
- Got Green? Environmental Club – The Got Green? club is a group of Spartanburg Methodist students who come together to discuss environmental issues. Our goal is to make the local community aware of environmental topics such as global warming, biodiversity, recycling, and pollution. We are also involved in a network of colleges working toward community awareness and action.
Advisor: Mark Holycross
- History, Culture, and Exploration Club – More information coming soon.
- Baptist Collegiate Ministry – Supports the student-led worship service, Overflow, on Thursdays at 9 pm in the Chapel; Also hosts small groups on Tuesdays at 8:00.
- UKirk Presbyterian Student Ministry – A ministry of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) on Tuesdays at 5:30. Students meet for food, study and worship at Second Presbyterian Church, across the street from the main entrance to Wofford College.
On Campus Contact: Rev. Tim Drum
Off Campus Contact: Rae Epps
- Wesley Fellowship – Meets on Monday nights @ 5:00 in the SMC Chapel.
Advisor: Rev. Tim Drum
- Upstate CRU – Meets on Tuesday nights @ 6:30 PM in the Fireplace Room (beside the Dining Hall) for a small group Bible study.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes – More information coming soon.
Advisor: Dr. Kirk Hansen
- Sigma Kappa Delta English Honor Society – National Honor Society for English students meeting specified academic requirements.
Advisor: Dr. Kelly Neil
- Psi Beta Psychology Honor Society – The National Honor Society for students in the field of Psychology in the two year college. They must have completed a “B” or higher in all Psychology Classes and have maintained a 3.25 GPA overall.
Advisor: Dr. Mary Jane Farmer
- Trailblazer – Campus Newspaper published several times each semester. Offers opportunity to develop research, interviewing, writing, and editing skills. All students welcome.
- Blue Granite Review – College literary magazine produced each spring; open to all students interested in creative writing and visual arts.
- Literary Guild – The Literary Guild is open to all SMC students. Often working in partnership with Sigma Kappa Delta, the Literary Guild is not only a book club, but also sponsors writing workshops, movie nights, trips to live theater, and more.
- Gospel Choir – Open to all students who enjoy singing and fellowship. Performs at chapel services and various on and off campus events. Practice on Mondays and Wednesdays at 7 pm in the Chapel.
Advisor: Steven Jeter
- Praise Dancers – More information coming soon.
Contact Nia Lyles via SMC email.
- Blue Chucks Dance Team – More information coming soon.
Advisor: Trina Gilliam
- Drama Club – More information coming soon.
Advisor: Kent Newberry