- Exploratory internships: Short, shadowing-based internships that allow you to get a high-level view of a career or job field to determine if you are interested.
- Micro-internships: These are short-term, paid, professional assignments that are similar to those given to new hires or interns. They allow you to demonstrate skills, explore career paths, and build your networks as you seek the right full-time role. For more information, click here.
- Summer Intern Program: Put your summer to work! Earn credentials, manage an employer-driven project, or just get work experience under your belt. This program provides a number of options, and allows you to turn your break into possible academic credit (and a resume booster).
- Advanced Internship: Every student must complete one 3-hour internship (or three 1-hour internships) as part of the Camak Core curriculum in our Bachelor's Degree program.
Log into Handshake to see what positions we have received from local employers, or reach out to the SMCX Career team and let us help you find something that works for your career goals while balancing your class load! Other great job-searching resources include Indeed.com and LinkedIn Jobs.
SMC's four-year degree is different because it features the innovative Camak Core. The Camak Core, named for SMC’s founder, Dr. David English Camak, is a required 6 courses – or 18 hours of degree credit – of professional development (soft skills and experiences for personal and career success). The Camak Core makes up one-third of your total degree hours. These classes and hands-on career experiences will give you an 18- to 24-month head start on learning the habits, skills and behaviors that are vital for workplace success. No other liberal arts college offers this much career preparation for college credit.
- Community Discovery & Engagement
- Professional Development & Leadership
- Professional Communications
- Applied Technology
Our free, fully online program partnering with Generation USA offers you the opportunity to learn all you need to be successful as an IT Help Desk Technician – from the technical knowledge of software and hardware to the job application and interview skills that will help you get the job you want.
After completing the program and taking the exam, you will earn your industry-recognized CompTIA A+ certification. Stay tuned for the next start date for this program!
Director of Certifications &
The X, Office 241