Coming in Fall 2024
Online Bachelor of Arts in Sport Management
Get in the Game with a Sport Management Degree
Do you watch your favorite team and think about what key players they could trade for to make the team better? Or perhaps you attend an event and think about how more efficiently the arena could have handled the seating and food service? A Bachelor of Arts in Sport Management is the perfect way to follow that passion and pursue a career as a leader in the world of sports. The insights, tools, and training you’ll receive with this degree will provide you the confidence and knowledge to pursue a leadership role in professional or college sports, community or youth sports and recreation, or arena and facility management.
Sport Management graduates will learn the inner workings of the business of sports, including contracts, event marketing, communications, and more. You’ll be prepared to move into various positions in sports, events, or talent management.
All of SMC’s online degree programs provide the same academic coursework, professional development program, and internship opportunities as our traditional, on-campus programs. Students learn from the same faculty who teach in our classrooms. All advising and other support functions are provided online by staff experienced in serving remote students.
Why Get a BA Degree in Sport Management at SMC?
- Enhance your career without interrupting it. Our program is flexible AND affordable, so you can start or finish your education while you keep working.
- Improve your job prospects. With a bachelor’s degree from SMC, you will show employers your commitment to learning and making an impact right away with our professional development program.
- Make more money. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, workers with a bachelor’s degree earn approximately $900 more per week than those with just a high school diploma.
Interested in a Degree Plan?
Fill out the form to connect with an Online Enrollment Counselor and receive a degree plan.
Find Your Dream Job
With a Bachelor of Arts in Sport Management, you’ll have a wide range of job prospects you’ll be ready to move into immediately or work your way into, including:
- Athletic director
- Community recreation manager
- Arena or facility manager
- Player agent or talent scout
- Sports information director
- Sports event manager
- Sports marketing coordinator
- Sports communication specialist
- Sports analytics specialist
- Ticketing manager
- Sports equipment manager
- Sports finance and accounting
- Sports tourism and event planner
- Sports law and compliance
- Fitness and wellness management
- Sports coaching and instruction
Classes start every 8 weeks
Enroll full-time or part-time. Each online degree course runs for 8 weeks.
$335 per credit hour. Your bachelor's degree cost will be lower with financial aid and transfer credits. Compare SMC's cost to other online degree programs.
Federal and state grants, employer reimbursement, GI Bills - find out how financial aid can reduce the cost of your Associate of Arts degree.
Transfer qualifying credits
Cut your online bachelor's degree completion time and reduce tuition costs by bringing up to 30 hours of qualifying college credits with you. More information about transfer credits.