Immunization requirements for SMC students:
- Hepatitis B
Go to your application portal to find the health history form.
When to see the nurse:
- When you feel ill *
- When you need over-the-counter medications (the nurse cannot write prescriptions)
- When you want health-care advice
- If you need assistance with medications
- If you need a referral to a local doctor
* If you feel too sick to come to Health Services, call 864-587-4277. The nurse will come to your room (a Campus Police officer will accompany her).
About Health Services:
SMC Health Services is staffed by a nursing practitioner during the academic year on the following days:
- Monday, 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 12:00 p.m. 4:00 p.m.
Chronic medical conditions are accommodated through Disability Services. Emergency situations are managed by the local 911 Medical Emergency System. These situations include but are not limited to allergic reactions, breathing difficulties, heart attacks, loss of consciousness, certain physical injuries, seizures and strokes. Campus Safety assists the nurse and refers students after business hours.