Immunization requirements for SMC students:
- Hepatitis B
Go to your application portal to find the health history form.
When to see the nurse:
- When you feel ill *
- When you need over-the-counter medications (the nurse cannot write prescriptions)
- When you want health-care advice
- If you need assistance with medications
- If you need a referral to a local doctor
* If you feel too sick to come to Health Services, call 864-587-4277. The nurse will come to your room (a Campus Police officer will accompany her).
About Health Services:
Spartanburg Methodist College Health Services is staffed by a registered nurse on campus during business hours for the academic year. The nurse provides treatment for minor illness and injury and refers major illness and injury to the person’s choice of off campus medical providers. Available providers include urgent cares, primary care providers, local clinics and dental services. SMC staff does not transport students for off-campus medical care. Transportation is the responsibility of the student.
Other health services available are distribution of over-the-counter medications, assistance with referrals and preventative healthcare information.
Chronic medical conditions are accommodated through Disability Services. Emergency situations are managed by the local 911 Medical Emergency System. These situations include but are not limited to allergic reactions, breathing difficulties, heart attacks, loss of consciousness, certain physical injuries, seizures and strokes. Campus Safety assists the nurse and refers students after business hours.