The following alerts are currently in effect or have been issued within the last 30 days:
For Students: (None)
For Staff and Faculty: (None)
About E2 Campus Alert
Spartanburg Methodist College uses an emergency alert system, powered by Omnilert Network e2Campus, to notify users in a timely manner of emergencies and weather-related closings and delays – via mobile phones, pagers, e-mails, Web browsers and other wireless devices, such as PDAs.
Each SMC-issued student, faculty and staff email address is automatically enrolled in the system. Those individuals are automatically considered Existing Users.
MANAGE YOUR ACCOUNT
Need to manage your existing account?
Existing users (SMC students, faculty and staff) can login to reconfigure their account, add/remove devices or email addresses, or add/remove RSS subscriptions or change how you receive your messages.
Registration requirements for a cell phone or mobile device (if not yet configured):
- Your mobile phone/device must be able to receive text messages and your service plan must support receiving them. If you are unsure, please check with your service provider.
- You must have your mobile phone/device present during signup. The registration process will require you to enter a 4-digit verification code that is sent to your phone.
Note: Upon being registered, your phone will receive a text message with a 4-digit number. Enter this number on the confirmation page. After completing this step, your cell phone or mobile device registration will become active immediately.
Existing Subscribers: Sign in here to login and modify your account settings (SMC users’ login credentials are the same as their login credentials for their SMC email account minus the @smcsc.edu):
* About passwords: Faculty and staff will need to contact the Help Desk for their initial password. You must reset your password on your initial login to a new password of your choice; Student passwords will mirror your SMC network login password, unless you change your E2campus login password in the existing user interface.
RSS Feeds – Optional
Once you have created your account, you can also subscribe to SMC’s e2campus RSS feed by clicking any of the following buttons and having the feed sent to the respective aggregator you are choosing. If you wish to set up your RSS reader manually, our RSS feed address is http://rss.omnilert.net/100053f52402a89943456c7260804307
- For text messages, you will need a cell phone with text messaging capabilities. Individual cell phone plans will apply normal charges for the text message.
- For e-mail subscriptions, all you need is a valid email account and a method to access that email whether through your computer or mobile device
- For RSS subscriptions, you will need a computer or mobile device with software that is designed to import and display RSS messages
- If you are an SMC student, faculty, or staff member you are already signed up through your SMC-issued email address. To add additional email addresses or a mobile device to your subscription, you will need to login to the Existing User Management tool . Your login credentials are the same as your SMC email login credentials.
- Students can add in a parent’s cell phone number or email address under their own account in the Existing User Management tool
When configuring your subscription to work with a cell phone or mobile device, you need to have that handy to complete the online registration form. You will be asked to create your own user name and password. You will receive a text message in that will include 4-digit validation code. You must enter the validation code on the confirmation web page and hit the “Validate” button. You then will automatically be forwarded to a “Thank You” page. The validate button will create a personal account for new users, where you should go next and enter your preferred email address. This is where you will log in to update personal contact information.
People can text me however I cannot receive a SMC e2Campus alerts. What could be the reason for that?
There are two types of text messaging:
- Mobile Originated (sending a text message from one phone to another)
- Mobile Terminated (a non-cell phone to a cell phone)
You may be able to receive Mobile-to-mobile messaging however it appears that mobile terminated messaging is not activated on your account.
Do you have questions or need registration assistance? Then please contact the SMC Help Desk at (864) 587-4357, during the hours of 8 am – 5 pm.
You may also find answers to many common questions in the FAQs section above.