Need to register a vehicle?
Please come to the Campus Safety Office located on the side of Kingman Hall (the side closest to Ellis Hall).
QUICK FACTS ABOUT STUDENT VEHICLES ON CAMPUS:
- Your car must be registered with our Campus Safety Department.
- Your car must display the proper SMC decal in order to park on SMC’s campus.
- There is no charge for your SMC decal (it’s included in your tuition and fees).
- Stop by Campus Safety (next to Kingman Hall) for a vehicle registration form.
Freshmen decals are handed out during Student Move-In or the Commuter Dinner during Pioneer Power-up.
All returning students may come to the Campus Safety Office (next to Kingman Hall) to complete the registration form and pick up their decals.
The use of a motor vehicle on campus is a privilege available to all students and employees. The College reserves the right to suspend the privilege if it believes such action is justified.
- All vehicles must be registered with the Campus Safety Office.
- Parking or operating a vehicle on campus without a valid decal may result in a citation.
- The campus-wide speed limit is 15 mph.
- Students should park only in marked spaces that are not designated for faculty, handicapped, or specifically marked as parking.
- Parking and traffic regulations are described in the online version of the Student Handbook.
- Excessively loud and/or vulgar music coming from your car will not be tolerated. The discretion of the investigating officer will determine what is excessive, and reasonable standards will be applied. However, as a matter of common courtesy, music should only be played loud enough for your personal enjoyment without infringing upon the rights of others.