2-Year and 4-year degree paths
SMC is flexible. Start here and earn your Associate Degree, then either transfer to the college of your choice to complete your Bachelor’s Degree or stay here and finish your degree online. Either way, you’ll earn a valuable degree after two years of study.
2-Year Path: Start Here, then Transfer to ANY College or University
Save time and money by taking your first two years of general college courses here at SMC (you’ll earn an Associate degree), then complete your final two years and earn a Bachelor’s degree at ANY other college or university. Each program below is designed to help you easily transfer to complete a four-year degree in nearly any major within these disciplines and fields:
- Arts (Arts & Letters majors such as English, history, math, psychology, foreign languages, etc.)
- Criminal Justice
- Fine Arts
- Religious Studies
- Science (Majors such as health care-related disciplines, veterinary, physical and natural sciences, etc.)
4-Year ONLINE Degree Paths
SMC is a two-year college which serves freshmen and sophomore students. Many of our students wish to continue to save money and time by staying at SMC all four years. Here are three ways you can earn a Bachelor’s degree while remaining on campus:
#1. FOUR-YEAR PATH VIA ANY ONLINE PROGRAM
- Enroll in an accredited bachelor’s degree program of your choice. Our advisers will help you identify programs and enroll.
- Remain at SMC while you complete the online program and pay reduced room, board and fees.
- You’ll save money on tuition and fees during your final two years.
- You’ll have the flexibility to work part-time or full-time while completing your degree online, allowing you to earn income needed to pay for your final two years.
- You’ll remain immersed in an academic community with the structure and support you need to stay on track to finish your degree.
- You’ll get library, advising, career development, and many other support services that you wouldn’t have if you complete your online degree on your own.
#2. FOUR-YEAR ONLINE PATH VIA USC’S PALMETTO COLLEGE
For students interested in Accounting, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Elementary Education, Health Informatics, Health Promotion, Hospitality Management, Human Services, Information Management and Systems, Information Science, Liberal Studies, Organizational Leadership, RN-BSN Nursing and Special Education.
#3. FOUR-YEAR ONLINE PATH VIA THE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA (MUSC)
For students interested in health care careers, this is an exciting option to earn an online degree in Health Care Studies from MUSC.
This degree provides a solid foundation for health professions programs in Physician Assistant Studies, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Cardiovascular Perfusion, or Health Administration.